At 17:15 16/07/2003 +0200, Roman Zippel wrote: >Hi, > >On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Michael Dransfield wrote: > > > Typing 'make xconfig' segfaults - core dump can be sent if you need > >Your xconfig output doesn't make any sense, it shouldn't start compiling, >did you really only 'make xconfig'? just extracted the tar.bz2 file and the typed make xconfig. Im not exactly a kernel hacker, so am following the directions in the Kernel-HOWTO # nohup make modules 1> modules.out 2> modules.err & produces compile errors (modules.out and modules.err attached) >Anyway, a backtrace might be enough. ('gdb scripts/kconfig/qconf', >'r arch/i386/Kconfig', 'bt') i have attached the output from gdb, I normally get the xLib errors when starting X programs, it is a known problem when using mandrake 9.1 and tightvnc (which I am) > > 'make menuconfig' produces errors and fails (output attached) > >You need to install the ncurses devel package. thanks! installed ncurses-5.3-1.20030215.1mdk and it worked >bye, Roman