On 2014-11-10 09:22, One Thousand Gnomes wrote: >> wouldn't be accepted. (BTW, if you're going to do this, note that ^T >> could be remapped to any control character via stty; so to do this we >> would need to define an extra index in c_cc[] array in the struct >> termios.) > > We have 19 entries in the array and no platforms that byte pack so that > would actually be doable I think. > > I'm really dubious about its value in the Linux world. You could do far > better teaching the GUI desktop to walk the process tree of clients and > dump the window owners process subtrees in a nice pop up window. > > PS: Austin - SIGPWR was used on the System 5 boxes I used to indicate > power had been *restored* not lost. The primary usage was in curses and > termios using apps so that when the power came back on they would redraw > the screens on all the terminals. > > You have to think back to a world of a generator/battery backed servers > and non battery backed terminals for that to make sense. Ah, I'd been misinformed then, that usage makes a lot more sense. I've not personally used System 5 (or for that matter anything older than HP-UX 10.20), so I'm not always very well informed about it.