On Wed, 2020-12-02 at 11:17 +0000, Joao Martins wrote: > Xen viridian mode is indeed one thing that needed fixing. And definitely a > separate patch as you do here. Both this one and the previous is looking good. > > I suppose that because you switch to kvm_vcpu_write_guest() you no longer need > to validate that the hypercall page is correct neither marking as dirty. Probably > worth making that explicit in the commit message. I had intended that to be covered by "open-coding it". Surely the *point* in using a helper function and not open-coding it is that we don't *have* to care about the details of what it does ;)