Trond Myklebust writes: > På må , 08/12/2003 klokka 12:32, skreiv Philippe Troin: > > Trond, do you think I should push the patch to Marcelo, or should I > > wait for a better fix? > > No. If I wanted a partial fix, I could just as well have pushed it to > Marcelo myself. When I said "feel free" I was referring to pursuing the > remaining signalling bugs. Ok... Although I willing to "feel free", I might not have enough time and ability... > I have a feeling the second race case of your test is that you are > interrupting the fcntl(F_SETLK) call while it is on the wire. If you do > that, then the server may record the lock as taken, but the client will > never receive the reply, and so will not know that it must clean up > locks... > > Hmm... For that case, we probably want to have the locking code record > the call as having succeeded in order to ensure that we do indeed clear > out the lock on process exit. See if the appended patch helps... Thanks Trond. >From my reading of the patch, it supersedes the old patch, and is only necessary on the client. Is also does not compile :-) Here's an updated patch which does compile.