On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 1:48 PM Josh Don wrote: > > On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 9:41 AM Don Hiatt wrote: > > > > I'm still seeing hard lockups while repeatedly setting cookies on qemu > > processes even with > > the updated patch. If there is any debug you'd like me to turn on, > > just let me know. > > > > Thanks! > > > > don > > Thanks for the added context on your repro configuration. In addition > to the updated patch from earlier, could you try the modification to > double_rq_lock() from > https://lkml.kernel.org/r/CABk29NuS-B3n4sbmavo0NDA1OCCsz6Zf2VDjjFQvAxBMQoJ_Lg@mail.gmail.com > ? I have a feeling this is what's causing your lockup. > > Best, > Josh Hi Josh, I've been running Aubrey+Peter's patch (attached) for almost 5 hours and haven't had a single issue. :) I'm running a set-cookie script every 5 seconds on the two VMs (each vm is running 'sysbench --threads=1 --time=0 cpu run' to generate some load in the vm) and I'm running two of the same sysbench runs on the HV while setting cookies every 5 seconds. Unless I jinxed us it looks like a great fix. :) Let me know if there is anything else you'd like me to try. I'm going to leave the tests running and see what happens. I update with what I find. Thanks! don