From: William Stearns <wstearns@pobox.com>
To: crh@samba.org, Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@Dell.com>
Cc: ML-linux-kernel <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	William Stearns <wstearns@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Follow-up: Linux, Dell Access Point, and the GPL.
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:31:41 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

Good afternoon, Chris,

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 crh@samba.org wrote:

> [Apology: I'm not subscribed to the LKML, so please CC me on any replies.]
>
> Last June, Colm MacCárthaigh reported that he had requested the Linux
> kernel sources used to build the kernel for the Dell 1184 wireless access

	Had you considered getting in touch with the Dell tech team leader
first before posting to Linux-kernel?  If you had been subscribed to
Linux-kernel you would have known that Matt Domsch is a semi-regular
contributor and quite willing to look into issues like this.
	I've CC'd him.  Please consider getting in touch with him first in
the future before trying to get the entire linux-kernel list involved.  He
may or may not have the answers you need, but at least he'd be more able
to identify the right person to contact.
	Cheers,
	- Bill

William Stearns (wstearns@pobox.com).  Mason, Buildkernel, freedups, p0f,
rsync-backup, ssh-keyinstall, dns-check, more at:   http://www.stearns.org