Hello, On Wed, 22 Apr 2020, Martin Liška wrote: > One possible solution can be usage of a GCC pragma that will disable the > tail-call optimization: > > $ cat tail.c > int foo(int); > > #pragma GCC push_options > #pragma GCC optimize("-fno-optimize-sibling-calls") As we determined upthread (and the reason why we even still have this thread): the optimize attribute (and pragma) reset flags from the command line (the case in point was -fno-omit-frame-pointer). So, that's not a solution for now. > And as I talked to Boris, I would recommend to come up with a > "configure" check that a compiler does not optimize the key code > sequence: Right. I think the traditional asm (i.e. one without operands) is good enough for the forseeable future from GCCs side: it relies on documented behaviour of traditional asms, and hence would be very hard to change. Ciao, Michael.