----- On Jul 9, 2021, at 4:30 AM, lttng-dev wrote: > Hi there, I'm a little new to lttng and tracing in general. I am using a Java > Userspace agent, which is working well, but I am having trouble adding > callstack context to my tracing channels. I'm not sure if it's relevant but > running 'lttng add-context --list" shows callstack-user in the list. It's not surprising, because the callstack-user context is specific to the kernel tracer. > the commands I input are: > lttng create > lttng enable-channel --userspace mychannel > lttng enable-event --userspace --all --channel mychannel > lttng add-context --userspace --channel mychannel --type callstack-user > >Error: callstack-user: UST invalid context This is expected. > When I run the following command instead: > lttng add-context --userspace --channel mychannel --type vpid > I am able to get it to work and I see vpid appear in my traces. Are there any > other things I need to set up first to be able to use it? > also, are there any commands that can list the per-domain contexts available? Not currently, though I think it would make sense to make "lttng add-context --list" allow a tracing domain (e.g. --kernel/--userspace) to be specified as a future improvement. Some information about this is available in the lttng-add-context(1) man page, but the fact that the kernel and user callstack contexts are only supported by the kernel tracer don't seem to be mentioned. Thanks, Mathieu > _______________________________________________ > lttng-dev mailing list > lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org > https://lists.lttng.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/lttng-dev -- Mathieu Desnoyers EfficiOS Inc. http://www.efficios.com