On Wed Aug 05 2020, Grygorii Strashko wrote: > On 05/08/2020 16:57, Kurt Kanzenbach wrote: >> So, only patch 6 is to drop or 5 as well? Anyhow, I'll wait for your >> test results. Thanks! > > Patch 5 not affected as all RX packet have timestamp and it's coming different way. > TX not affected as skb come to .xmit() properly initialized. OK. > > As I've just replied for patch 6 - skb_reset_mac_header() helps. OK. I'll add it. Thanks for testing and fixing it. > > Rhetorical question - is below check really required? > Bad packets (short, crc) expected to be discarded by HW > > /* Ensure that the entire header is present in this packet. */ > if (ptr + sizeof(struct ptp_header) > skb->data + skb->len) > return NULL; Even if it's a rhetorical question - Can we rely on the fact that too short packets (or bad) are discarded? All driver instances I've changed in this series do the length check somehow. > > > And I'd like to ask you to update ptp_parse_header() documentation > with description of expected SKB state for this function to work. Yes, I've wanted to do that anyway. Thanks, Kurt