On Sun Oct 11 2020, Vladimir Oltean wrote: > On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 02:29:08PM +0200, Kurt Kanzenbach wrote: >> On Tue Oct 06 2020, Vladimir Oltean wrote: >> > It would be interesting to see if you could simply turn off VLAN >> > awareness in standalone mode, and still use unique pvids per port. >> >> That doesn't work, just tested. When VLAN awareness is disabled, >> everything is switched regardless of VLAN tags and table. > > That's strange, do you happen to know where things are going wrong? No I don't. I'll clarify with the hardware engineer. > I would expect: > - port VLAN awareness is disabled, so any packet is classified to the > port-based VLAN > - the port-based VLAN is a private VLAN whose membership includes only > that port, plus the CPU port > - the switch does not forward packets towards a port that is not member > of the packets' classified VLAN Me, too. > When VLAN awareness is disabled, are you able to cause packet drops by > deleting the pvid of the ingress port? Therefore, can you confirm that > lan1 is not a member of lan0's pvid, but the switch still forwards the > packets to it? Will test. Thanks, Kurt