Hello. I wrote this tutorial some time ago because I wanted that Blender was able to recognize CUDA and the Nvidia driver directly within the linuxulator : https://www.reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/1118eae/how_to_install_the_nvidia_driver_5257801_cuda_12/ I was inspired by this tutorial : https://gist.github.com/Mostly-BSD/4d3cacc0ee2f045ed8505005fd664c6e someone found my tutorial and created this github : https://github.com/spfcraze/Nvidia-Drivers-linux He says that he created a Python script for updating Nvidia drivers on CentOS 7 and Ubuntu. That's nice,but it can't work. Why ? please give a look to an old post created by me some time ago and you will see : https://www.reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/11431bi/how_to_blacklist_the_nouveau_driver_within_the/ since the nouveau driver can't be blacklisted within the Linuxulator because it's impossible to run "sudo update-initramfs -u" inside of it. For this reason,I would ask if in your opinion the nouveau driver can be blacklisted directly in FreeBSD or in some other way. FreeBSD does not contain the nouveau kernel module so there is nothing to blacklist. > https://www.reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/11431bi/how_to_blacklist_the_nouveau_driver_within_the/ These libGL errors are from Mesa libGL, which is trying to use the userspace part of nouveau (which is part of the Mesa project), presumably based on Nvidia GPU's PCI ID being known to Mesa, despite there being no nouveau kernel interface available. Since I'm trying to use Nvidia's binary driver (the only one which works on FreeBSD), Blender should have never loaded Mesa's libGL in the first place - there is most likely a configuration problem here with libglvnd, the component responsible for choosing the correct libGL implementation. When Blender fails to detect CUDA this has nothing to do with libGL and absolutely nothing to do with nouveau. Smplayer behaves the same as blender. I think this is a general behavior. Check below what happens when I run it within the linuxulator : root@marietto:/mnt/zroot2/zroot2 # chroot /compat/ubuntulunar /bin/bash root@marietto:/# smplayer QStandardPaths: error creating runtime directory '/var/run/user/1001' (No such file or directory) This is SMPlayer v. 22.7.0 (revision 10091) running on Linux libGL error: glx: failed to create dri2 screen *libGL error: failed to load driver: nouveau* Can you figure out a method to do what I want to do ? If we are able to "connect" the nVidia driver to the CG / graphic tool instead of the nouveau one,a lot of cool features will be unfrozen on FreeBSD. For example we could try to run Unreal Engine 5 within the linuxulator,Davinci Resolve,Maya 3D,a lot of cool stuff will use the nVidia driver + CUDA and it will work great. That's because unfortunately Nouveau does not support CUDA. Thanks. -- Mario.