Sorry for the HTML post: I'm travelling for the next two weeks and I'll mostly be in read-only mode. Bob can help out during that time if necessary, though. Linus Torvalds schrieb am Fr., 3. Sep. 2021, 18:20: > On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 12:53 PM Andreas Gruenbacher > wrote: > > > > So there's a minor merge conflict between Christoph's iomap_iter > > conversion and this patch queue now, and I should probably clarify the > > description of "iomap: Add done_before argument to iomap_dio_rw" that > > Darrick ran into. Then there are the user copy issues that Al has > > pointed out. Fixing those will create superficial conflicts with this > > patch queue, but probably nothing serious. > > > > So how should I proceed: do you expect a v8 of this patch queue on top > > of the current mainline? > > So if you rebase for fixes, it's going to be a "next merge window" thing > again. > > Personally, I'm ok with the series as is, and the conflict isn't an > issue. So I'd take it as is, and then people can fix up niggling > issues later. > That sounds fine to me. We can clarify things as Darrick has suggested in a separate commit. Thanks, Andreas