Patrick and Ed, Ed replied early and as soon as I added the line for SDImage IMAGE_FSTYPES="rpi-sdimg” It boots now. Thanks everyone, very helpful! Cheng > On Sep 23, 2020, at 5:10 PM, Patrick Williams wrote: > > On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 10:36:03AM -0700, Cheng Yang wrote: >> Hi, I’m openbmc noob here. > > Welcome. > >> I follow the instruction of https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-raspberrypi/README.md > > I don't think there are really many people using the meta-raspberrypi > with OpenBMC. This comes from elsewhere outside the project as one of > the Yocto community meta-layers and isn't related to OpenBMC. > > What happened was that someone had an idea to use a rpi as an > easily-accessible experimental platform for running OpenBMC code and > they asked to have the meta-layer added to our tree. We keep it in > sync, but I don't think that experiment really went much farther. > > See https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/399 for some of the > origin. > > If you're doing just a simple rpi4 image build, without any of the > OpenBMC layers, and it won't even boot, that seems like something you > could tackle with the upstream community. The README suggests that > the general Yocto mailing list is where to go: > > ``` > * Mailing list (yocto mailing list): > ``` > > -- > Patrick Williams