On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 04:02:22PM -0700, Ed Tanous wrote: > In the near future, I'm going to have some needs for OpenBMC to be > able to control VRs. These VRs might be on the baseboard itself, or > on detected PCIe add-in-cards, and controlled over PMBus. > Additionally, I will need a "hardware safe" way for the host to be > able to modify the behavior of these VRs (usually different voltage > settings), and to have that interface be constrained in such a way > that the host can never set a value that's outside of a predefined > range that's known to be safe for the hardware, which the BMC will own > the definition of for security purposes. > > Does anyone else have similar needs? I've been pointed to > phosphor-regulators which has some similar parallels; As-is, that > solution won't work for me, because it's relying on fixed, platform > specific json scripting to accomplish its goals. My hope would be for > a more generalized linux devicetree based solution, as well as a > representation on dbus that could be modified at runtime by > Redfish/IPMI in band. > > Is there any other work I should look into that's similar? Does > anyone have any strong opinions on how this should be organized or how > it could be built? > > Thanks, > > -Ed Are these PMBus VRs? I was able to program limits on a non-BMC project I was working on using the PMBus interfaces to the VRs we used on that project. I did need to write this patch which I'm still suppose to clean up with some additional clamp_val tweaks to avoid negative numbers. https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20191001160407.6265-1-alpawi@amazon.com/ -- Patrick Williams