openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
From: Zev Weiss <zweiss@equinix.com>
To: damon3000 <damon3000@163.com>
Cc: "openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: Re: Re: FRU access configuration
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 03:48:14 +0000	[thread overview]

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 03:10:33AM PST, damon3000 wrote:
>Hi Patrick,
>

>  1.  According to your suggestion, I can scan my FRU information via busctl command, but entity-manager did not start and can not be accessed.
>The log is as below:
>
>"
>busctl tree --no-pager xyz.openbmc_project.FruDevice
>`-/xyz
>  `-/xyz/openbmc_project
>    `-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice
>      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/10_64
>      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/10_65
>      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/10_67
>      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/3_80
>      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/6_72
>      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/6_74
>      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/6_76
>      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/7_81
>      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/7_89
>      `-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/test
>

>busctl introspect --no-pager xyz.openbmc_project.FruDevice \
>>  /xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/Brahma______________
>NAME                                TYPE      SIGNATURE RESULT/VALUE                       FLAGS
>org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable interface -         -                                  -
>.Introspect                         method    -         s                                  -
>org.freedesktop.DBus.Peer           interface -         -                                  -
>.GetMachineId                       method    -         s                                  -
>.Ping                               method    -         -                                  -
>org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties     interface -         -                                  -
>.Get                                method    ss        v                                  -
>.GetAll                             method    s         a{sv}                              -
>.Set                                method    ssv       -                                  -
>.PropertiesChanged                  signal    sa{sv}as  -                                  -
>xyz.openbmc_project.FruDevice       interface -         -                                  -
>.ADDRESS                            property  u         80                                 emits-change
>.BOARD_FRU_VERSION_ID               property  s         "UVD050"                           emits-change
>.BOARD_INFO_AM1                     property  s         "V1  "                             emits-change
>.BOARD_INFO_AM2                     property  s         "0123456789ABCDE001TAG0000002  " emits-change
>.BOARD_INFO_AM3                     property  s         "R1B "                             emits-change
>.BOARD_INFO_AM4                     property  s         "XX1 "                             emits-change
>.BOARD_INFO_AM5                     property  s         "0E11223344E0"                     emits-change
>.BOARD_INFO_AM6                     property  s         "02"                               emits-change
> [...]

I haven't closely followed what else you're doing here, but this
definitely looks wrong -- I think you meant to do

  $ echo "24c64 0x50" > /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-3/new_device

Note the position of the close quote -- as you had it above it's just
writing a long string to stdout instead of sending the device name and
i2c address to the sysfs 'new_device' file.

Zev