Hi Donnie, Didn't tested it in latest tree, but you already cross verified this right --> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/blob/master/redfish/account_service/test_ldap_configuration.robot ++ Ratan & George. Regards, Richard On 9/9/2020 10:02 PM, Gerhart, Donnie wrote: > > Hello OpenBMC Community\SMEs, > > We are investigating LDAP functionality on the 2.8 ‘top of tree’ > build; however, we are having some issues I believe you can help with > straight away.  Some of the many real failures we’ve encountered are: > > * Bricked system due to locking out all users > You meant to say even `root` user is locked out is OpenBMC repo master or made more changes. By default user lock out is disabled, and still won't lock root user to avoid DOS attack. > > * Ladap_result() failed:  Can’t contact LDAP server > o Believe we’ve fixed this one > Hope this as LDAP configuration issue you faced, and not related to OpenBMC code as such. > > * Logins are restricted to the group priv-admin of but user > ‘testuser’ is not a member > : Is this failure due to SSH login. Because SSH won't make use of ldap privilege mapping. You may need to change https://github.com/openbmc/meta-phosphor/blob/master/recipes-core/dropbear/dropbear/dropbear.default if needs LDAP testing in SSH. Have you tried bmcweb LDAP login ? Whether you are able to succeed in that ? > * Pam_authenticate() failed, rc=7, Authentication failure > * Bad PAM password attempt for ‘testuser’ from: > > Some of these issues we’ve worked through; however, some are still > dogging us.  To that end, can someone possibly list\post a basic LDAP > server LDIF file with a single user, privilege role and group mapping > that you’ve successfully used with OpenBMC?  We assume we are stuck on > some trivial LDAP server topology anomaly that is completely escaping > us at the moment. > > As an fyi we have looked at: > > 1. Gone through everything obviously ‘ldap’ in the mailing lists: > https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/ > 2. Looked at OpenBMC learning series: > https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Presentations > 3. Gone through the documents here: > https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/architecture/user-management.md > 4. Looked at ldap tests and server: > https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation > 5. Spent more time tweaking Linux files and creating ldap server > configs that I care to admit 😊 > > BIG thanks in advance! > > Best, > > Donnie >