On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 08:13:40AM +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote: > Hi, > > > > > -Enable the USB driver (if it is not used by default yet). > > > > +Enable USB emulation on machine types with an on-board USB host controller (if > > > > +not enabled by default). Note that on-board USB host controllers may not > > > > +support USB 3.0. In this case -device nec-usb-xhci can be used instead on > > > > > > Should we maybe rather recommend qemu-xhci instead? > > > > I think nec-usb-xhci is preferred because there are Windows drivers. > > IIRC qemu-xhci works under Linux but not under Windows (just because the > > PCI Vendor/Device ID aren't covered by any driver). > > > > Gerd: Can you confirm this? > > That applies to windows 7 only, which is EOL next year. > > win7 doesn't ship with xhci drivers, but you can download and use > nec/renesas drivers which require nec-usb-xhci. > > win8+ ships with generic xhci drivers which works with all xhci > hardware, including qemu-xhci. > > So it indeed makes sense to refer to qemu-xhci. Thanks, will fix in v2! Stefan