Am 11.09.2019 um 13:00 hat Max Reitz geschrieben: > On 11.09.19 12:31, Kevin Wolf wrote: > > Am 11.09.2019 um 12:00 hat Max Reitz geschrieben: > >> So all in all I think it’s best to make the callback mandatory and add > >> two global helper functions. That’s simple enough and should prevent > >> us from making mistakes by forgetting to adjust something in the > >> future. > > > > Yes, that should work. > > > > We should probably still figure out what the relationship between the > > child access functions and child roles is, even if we don't need it for > > this solution. But it feels like an important part of the design. > > Hm. It feels like something that should be done before this series, > actually. > > So I think we should add at least a child role per child access function > so that they match? And then maybe in bdrv_attach_child() assert that a > BDS never has more than one primary or filtered child (a filtered child > acts as a primary child, too), or more than one COW child. (And that > these are always in bs->file or bs->backing so the child access > functions do work.) Makes sense to me. Kevin