On 6/25/19 11:16 AM, Igor Mammedov wrote: > Fallback might affect guest or worse whole host performance > or functionality if backing file were used to share guest RAM > with another process. > > Patch deprecates fallback so that we could remove it in future > and ensure that QEMU will provide expected behavior and fail if > it can't use user provided backing file. > > Signed-off-by: Igor Mammedov > --- > v2: > * improve text language > (Markus Armbruster ) > Is this deprecation introspectible? Does it need to be? Do we even need a deprecation period, or can we declare this a bug fix (it was a bug that we didn't fail outright on an impossible request) and do it immediately? If it is not a bug fix, perhaps it could be made introspectible by having a new boolean parameter to opt in to the failure now, rather than 2 releases from now? -- Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer Red Hat, Inc. +1-919-301-3226 Virtualization: qemu.org | libvirt.org