Ping El mié., 6 nov. 2019 16:04, Esteban Bosse escribió: > Hello! > > Some months ago I started to work trying to port the Beaglebone support > from the old qemu-linaro fork to the new QEMU mainstream. > > During my work I found that the Beaglebone have an OMAP3 mpu this mpu has > very strong relation with the OMAP2 and OMAP1 in qemu, they implement a lot > of functions in common. > > Then I understood that the omap1 and omap2 don't implement things like QOM > and needs a lot of work to upgrade it, at the same time they are some > boards like: omap1_sx, palm, nseries that implement this mpus. > > Looking the datasheet of the omap1 I realized that it's an very old device > and some questions like "make sense work with this old device?" comes to my > mind. > > When I went to the KVM Forum the last week I talked with some of you, and > you help my with different ideas and proposal to make this task, but I > can't see the right way to make this work because it is a lot of work. > > My motivation is learn more about embedded devices, architecture, kernel, > etc. and of course contribute to the community. > > I would love to hear your opinions about this 3 related devices with they > respected boards. > > Maybe someone is interested to work with me. > I dream to make this work beautiful (like the musca board with the armsse > and armv7m modules) with a good variety of tests. And in the same time I > would like to write some documentation about the process with the final > idea to "make an easier way for new contributors". > > If someone want to work with me in this task, should know that I don't > have to much experience and I'm doing this job in my free time (this means > that I work only in my free time). > > I appreciate any kind of comment or advice. > > Thanks for your time ;) > EstebanB >