On Friday, October 25, 2019, Taylor Simpson wrote: > We would like inform the you that we will be doing a talk at the KVM Forum > next week on QEMU for Qualcomm Hexagon. Alessandro Di Federico, Niccolo > Izzo, and I have been working independently on implementations of the > Hexagon target. We plan to merge the implementations, have a community > review, and ultimately have Hexagon be an official target in QEMU. Our > code is available at the links below. > > *https://github.com/revng/qemu-hexagon > * > > *https://github.com/quic/qemu * > > If anyone has any feedback on the code as it stands today or guidance on > how best to prepare it for review, please let us know. > > > Hi, Taylor, Niccolo (and Alessandro too). I didn't have a chance to take a look at neither the code nor the docs, but I did attend you presentation at KVM Forum, and I found it superb and attractive, one of the best on the conference, if not the very best. I just have a couple of general questions: - Regarding the code you plan to upstream, are all SIMD instructions implemented via tcg API, or perhaps some of them remain being implemented using helpers? - Most of SIMD instructions can be viewed simply as several paralel elementary operations. However, for a given SIMD instruction set, usually not all of them fit into this pattern. For example, "horizontal add" (addind data elements from the same SIMD register), various "pack/unpack/interleave/merge" operations, and more general "shuffle/permute" operations as well (here I am not sure which of these are included in Hexagon SIMD set, but there must be some). How did you deal with them? - What were the most challenging Hexagon SIMD instructions you came accross while developing your solution? Sincerely, Aleksandar > Thanks, > > Taylor >