On 25.07.19 19:00, Eric Blake wrote: > On 7/25/19 10:57 AM, Max Reitz wrote: >> Several vmdk subformats do not work with iotest 126, so disable them. >> >> (twoGbMaxExtentSparse actually should work, but fixing that is a bit >> difficult. The problem is that the vmdk descriptor file will contain a >> referenc to "image:base.vmdk", which the block layer cannot open because > > reference > >> it does not know the protocol "image". This is not trivial to solve, >> because I suppose real protocols like "http://" should be supported. >> Making vmdk treat all paths with a potential protocol prefix that the >> block layer does not recognize as plain files seems a bit weird, >> though. Ignoring this problem does not seem too bad.) >> >> Signed-off-by: Max Reitz >> --- >> tests/qemu-iotests/126 | 6 ++++++ >> 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+) > > Are you aiming to get any of this series in -rc3, or is it firmly 4.2 > material? No bug fix is ever firmly -next material. However, the bugs aren’t regressions and not dramatic, so we don’t need to force it into 4.1. If I had a strong opinion myself on where to place this series, I’d have given it a for-4.x tag. I didn’t, because I don’t. Max