selinux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Richard Haines <richard_c_haines@btinternet.com>
To: Paul Moore <paul@paul-moore.com>
Cc: Peter Whittaker <pww@edgekeep.com>, selinux@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Bad context in PostgreSQL page on SELinux Project wiki?
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 09:57:29 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, 2020-05-19 at 17:40 -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 9:50 AM Richard Haines
> <richard_c_haines@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2020-05-17 at 17:59 -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> > >
> > > I just wanted to say thank you once again for all your work on
> > > the
> > > notebook, it's a great resource!
> > Glad it's useful
> >
> > > I understand not wanting to go through the process of generating
> > > new
> > > editions of the notebook, but is the source material posted
> > > somewhere
> > > online so that people who wanted an updated copy could access it?
> > The source is not available anywhere that I know of (I did send it
> > to a
> > few people who wanted to translate it but never heard from them
> > again
> > !!!). I edit it with LibreOffice Writer as an odt document. It
> > converts
> > to pdf okay, but epub looks real crap.
> >
> > I guess I could post it somewhere, would you like to host it on
> > your
> > site ??.
> >
> > It needs cleaning up as I've scribbled all over it so will take a
> > few
> > weeks.
>
> While I'm happy to host it, I think it might be better if we hosted
> it
> in the community GitHub repo - what would you think about creating a
> new repo under https://github.com/SELinuxProject?  Perhaps
> https://github.com/SELinuxProject/notebook?  While it might seem a
> bit
> odd to host an ODT file in a git repo, it is a good way to keep track
> of historical changes and there are other tools such as the issue
> tracker and "release" hosting which might be helpful.

githubs sounds good, however as the document is quite large I'm
splitting into sections like on the wiki as it will make easier editing
(should anyone feel the need).

I've converted with pandoc using 'markdown_strict', where it converts
text to md but most tables into html (as their own md table format will
not render in some viewers). With firefox and the Markdown Viewer
Webext, the samples I've done look ok.

As with all these conversion apps, pandoc leaves a lot of cleaning up
to do, so I'll be some time. I'll send you the files once I'm done.
Thanks for your support.