tools.linux.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@kernel.org>
To: Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc: tools@linux.kernel.org
Subject: Re: grokmirror and pi-piper for all emails on a list
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 15:42:58 -0700	[thread overview]

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 1:46 PM Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@kernel.org> wrote:

> Figured folks might be interested... it took only about 5 minutes on
> the first run, the second run, with my settings took about 8 minutes.
> Not too shabby (nvme drives)!

It ran fast as it only processed lkml, but 8 minutes for processing
the latest epoch for lkml is also not too bad. Anyway let me know if
anyone has any idea of the following:

So after some debugging I am seeing that with a setup as follows,
running grok-pull -c ~/.config/lore.conf seems to not run pi-piper if
any of the repos being processed doesn't need an update. If I actually
also force the pi-paper.latest to each repo to say, the last 3rd
commit, I still don't see the last 3 emails coming up. But if I run
manually against reach repo like this:

grok-pi-piper -c ~/.config/pi-piper.conf
.local/share/grokmirror/lore/linux-fsdevel/git/0.git/

Then it triggers it to deliver mail as expected. So I am thinking the
following config may be missing something to force the post hook to
really run for each repo, or there may be a bug somewhere. I removed
the new lines from the include as it was not clear if having each
target repo per line is fine. And if you have each repo, if spaces are
allowed, or tabs are allowed.

$ cat .config/lore.conf
[core]
toplevel = ~/.local/share/grokmirror/lore
log = ${toplevel}/grokmirror.log

[remote]
site = https://lore.kernel.org
manifest = https://lore.kernel.org/manifest.js.gz

[pull]
post_update_hook = ~/.local/bin/grok-pi-piper -c ~/.config/pi-piper.conf
refresh = 300
include = /linux-fsdevel/* /linux-block/* /linux-btrfs/* /linux-xfs/* /lkml/*