Hello lovely WireGuard people, I wrote a tiny patch to add a name attribute to peers because identifying clients on my VPN just got very hard. Also hacking on wg source was a lot of fun. I asked @zx2c4 about this a while ago and he was open to the idea. It's not _really_ ready for a submission yet because of a few rough edges but I'd love to get some eyes on this if anyone is kind! I've never written any kernel code before and my C is a bit rusty, so please feel free to be picky about the review. I've added '*NOTE:*'s for the reviewer where I'm not sure of the approach. A few other questions, 1. There are barely any inline code comments, is that intentional or something that the community would love to improve? I don't mean the really obvious ones but things that are tricky. 2. Is there any interest in a getting started guide for developers wanting to work on wireguard itself? Something like the usual CONTRIBUTING.md? I had to dig through a lot of netlink tutorials and old kernel newbie guides to make any progress. It would be helpful to have it in one small doc. The patch stays in the `name` branch here[1] and this commit does most of the work[2]. [1]: https://github.com/jaseemabid/WireGuard/tree/name [2]: https://github.com/jaseemabid/WireGuard/commit/544e59b4 -- Regards, Jaseem Abid https://twitter.com/jaseemabid