Why not use an existing solution (e.g. puppet et al)? The capability is already there, unless you need a GUI. Cheers, Steve On Fri, 11 Jan 2019, 21:09 John Accoun, wrote: > I need to provision a large number of linux devices on multiple locations > and put them all on a VPN. > Configuring each device manually is too tedious. I was thinking of > spinning up a server with a small HTTP api to exchange keys and configure > wireguard on both sides. Then each device would call this server to > register itself. And while I am a it I thought I could throw together a > minimal admin ui that I could use for example to manually remove peers. > > I red the 'Web App provisioning Server' which I believe describes a > possible solution for this use case. But I am confused with the whole data > storage thing. Where do configuarations live? Are the configuration files > at /etc/whireguard/ the source of truth? If I edit these when is the list > of peers refreshed? > > The above mentioned document suggests shelling out to command line tools. > Is this the recommended way. Does a general purpose library for managing > wireguard config exist? > _______________________________________________ > WireGuard mailing list > WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com > https://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/wireguard > -- Cheers, *Steve Gilberd* Erayd LTD *·* Consultant *Phone: +64 4 974-4229 **·** Mob: +64 27 565-3237* *PO Box 10019, The Terrace, Wellington 6143, NZ*