Hello, >> that seems not to be the intended behaviour: >> If I understand correctly, the current behaviour is: >> >> At tunnel start the IP is resolved >> This IP is used for ever, namingly for re-connects. >This is only partly correct. The remote endpoint can unconditionally >roam and is updated by any valid packet from a given IP (if I remember >correctly). What does that mean? Does that mean, that traffic will update the IP so that the problem will not appear? > > >> The probably intended behaviour would be: >> At tunnel start and at any re-connect the IP is resolved. >> >> Do you agree that this behaviour should be changed? >> Apart from that: Can you suggest an automatable workaround? > >In some circumstances a similar behavior would be a desired. That's ambigous. In what circumstances, what behaviour would be desired? > >Wireguard design and implementation is layered (which seems good). >The secure* tunnel, including the kernel module and wg tool seem >to be in a reasonable state, but automation, DNS, key exchange are >out of scope for them. It is meant to be provided by tooling, which is >currently very raw. I don't understand... When I am on my way in a roadwarrier scenario with my mobile, with a changing IP and a changing connection that works very well. If the IP of my Server is changing, it's not working well at all. I don't think that this should be declared as 'works as intended'. > > >As a workaround you could > - unconditionally periodically update the endpoint This would break existing transfers without reason. > - monitor last handshake time, when large update endpoint or restart > tunnel That could be an option. > - add keepalive to server - it might reduce your downtime How would that help? Greetings, Hendrik > >