On 22. Aug 2019, at 12:43, Julien Grall > wrote: Hi, On 22/08/2019 11:20, Wieczorkiewicz, Pawel wrote: ..snip.. Cross-compiler are nowadays widely available. So build testing your changes in common code would be the minimum. I wish it was that simple. Nevertheless, I will try to prepare an environment to perform such builds. Cross-compiling the hypervisor is really easy ;). 1) Download the cross-compiler tarball (here one [1]) and uncompress it. You can also install the one provided by your distro. 2) Build Xen hypervisor. Here an example for arm64: 42sh> cd xen.git/xen 42sh> make XEN_TARGET_ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILER=- In my case, I am using the Arm toolchain AArch64 GNU/Linux target (aarch64-linux-gnu). So the would be aarch64-linux-gnu. This is assuming you have the compilers binary in your PATH. If not, you can use give the full path: CROSS_COMPILER=/opt/gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu- Awesome! That really works (especially thanks for the [1] link… finally some toolstack that works on my system). One change was needed: s/CROSS_COMPILER/CROSS_COMPILE/g Thanks! Having this in a wiki would really help. Or have I missed it? In this case, as you dropped the const from the prototype, you will need to do the same in the declaration. Yes, but I see 2 options here: - Enable the feature also for Arm (I prefer that, but will not be able to test that in nearest future) I think some of the code can be made common. So we could possibly rely on x86 for that. Additionally, IIRC, Konrad has a setup on the cubietruck for testing livepatch. Yes, I will do that. - Keep Arm excluded and sprinkle code with #ifdef CONFIG_X86 Please no #ifdef CONFIG_X86 in the common code. If you don't plan to support Arm, then we should introduce a new Kconfig that will gate all those changes. Ugh, you’re right. Removing all that from common code. Cheers, [1] https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/open-source-software/developer-tools/gnu-toolchain/gnu-a/downloads -- Julien Grall Best Regards, Pawel Wieczorkiewicz Amazon Development Center Germany GmbH Krausenstr. 38 10117 Berlin Geschaeftsfuehrung: Christian Schlaeger, Ralf Herbrich Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Charlottenburg unter HRB 149173 B Sitz: Berlin Ust-ID: DE 289 237 879