On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 05:45:22PM +0200, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote: > On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 09:37:09AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote: > > >>> On 23.06.16 at 17:22, wrote: > > > xen: allow XEN_DOMCTL_getdomaininfo for device model domains > > > > > > Allow device model domain to get info about its target domain. > > > It is used during PCI passthrough setup (xc_domain_memory_mapping > > > checks for guest being auto-translated). While it happens in stubdomain, > > > it failed, breaking PCI passthrough in such setup. > > > > If that's the route to go (which I'm not convinced of, as I'm not sure > > we won't need other xenstore domain special casing later on) I'd > > really like to ask you to mention the other broken case too, as > > described in my original patch (unless you found I was wrong with > > that). > > So, maybe something like this: > case XEN_DOMCTL_getdomaininfo: > if ( current-domain->is_xenstore ) > return xsm_default_action(XSM_XS_PRIV, current->domain, d);; > return xsm_default_action(XSM_DM_PRIV, current->domain, d); > > > In your patch (changing XSM_XS_PRIV semantic), you implicitly considered > all domctls allowed for xenstore domain to be always a subset of those > allowed for device model domain. For now this is true, but if this set > is going to be extended in the future, your approach most likely will > lead to an error. Hmm, but if xenstore domain will never be also device model domain, this probably change nothing... -- Best Regards, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki Invisible Things Lab A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?