From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@gmail.com>
To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com>
Cc: Daniel Izquierdo <dizquierdo@bitergia.com>,
	"Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona" <jgb@bitergia.com>,
	xen-devel <xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org>
Subject: Re: Prototype Code Review Dashboards (input required)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 09:05:43 +0000	[thread overview]

>>> The number counts the number of reviews accomplished by a developer or by a
>> domain. A review is accomplished when the flag 'reviewed-by' is detected in a
>> email replying a patch.
>>>
>>> If a developer reviews several patches or several versions of the same
>> patch, each of those is counted as a different review.
>>
>> So this is basically the number of reviewed by flags aggregated per
>> developer.

>>> This is how this works so far.

>>> We can update that definition. Do we want to have extra discussion with this respect?
>>
>> I think that would be more correct. In particular, as we still will be able
>> @Jan, what is your view? This use-case was primarily created because of

> Two of your reply sentences seem to be missing their tails, so it's
> really hard for me to tell my view, as it's not really clear what
> you're asking for.

Apologies

I think that would be more correct. In particular, as we still will be able to get the reviewed-by and acked-by flags from the tools we already have (and they are also covered in graphs). They represent an outcome, but not really the effort that is spent on reviews. And the comments as used in the other panels, do not differentiate between people reviewing and responding to reviews.

@Jan, the use-case to measure real review contributions was primarily added on your request. Do you think the proposed definition above, is good enough?

Lars