On 22.04.21 17:16, Jan Beulich wrote: > On 22.04.2021 17:10, Juergen Gross wrote: >> Some features of Xen can be assumed to be always present, so add a >> central check to verify this being true and remove the other checks. >> >> Juergen Gross (3): >> xen: check required Xen features >> xen: assume XENFEAT_mmu_pt_update_preserve_ad being set for pv guests >> xen: assume XENFEAT_gnttab_map_avail_bits being set for pv guests > > I wonder whether it's a good idea to infer feature presence from > version numbers. If (at some point in the past) you had inferred > gnttab v2 being available by version, this would have been broken > by its availability becoming controllable by a command line option > in Xen. I'm testing the feature to be really present when booting and issue a message if it is not there. Juergen