On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 11:41 PM Brian Hutchinson via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote: > > Ok, stumped now. I created a /etc/fw_env.config file with: > /dev/mmcblk1 0x400000 0x1000 > > Also tried: > /dev/mmcblk1 0x0 0x1000 > > ... mmcblk1 is the sdcard I'm booting. > > Now I'm getting: > > root@imx8mmevk:/etc# fw_printenv > Cannot read environment, using default > Cannot read default environment from file > > This is first time I'm using sdcards or eMMC to store u-boot env, always > did it in NOR before so I'm kinda lost at the moment. > > Anyone know where the u-boot env is on sdcard (or eMMC)? > > > Update ... feeling like I'm losing my mind now. fw_env.config must be sensitive to spaces or tabs or something. I messed around with it some more and it magically started working with my imx8mm-evk board with fw_env.config containing: /dev/mmcblk1 0x400000 0x1000 I don't know why that didn't work before ... I tried all kinds of things to get this to work and really can't explain why it just started working. To test, I used fw_setenv to set a variable and rebooted and stopped in u-boot and did printenv and sure enough the variable I set is there. Regards, Brian