From: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: linux-spi@vger.kernel.org, lkml <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] spi updates for v5.2
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 11:18:53 +0900	[thread overview]

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 12:01:44PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Mark,
>  gmail once again hates your emails. Your email ends up as spam, due to
>
>     dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=kernel.org

That looks like it's a fail on validation of the kernel.org bit of
things which I have no control over and which purposely doesn't
advertise DKIM stuff in the hope that people will actually be able to
send mail from non-kernel.org mail servers.  I'm really unsure why
that's failing at all, there's no policy for kernel.org to fail.

> but it has a DKIM signature for sirena.org.uk:

> d=sirena.org.uk; ...

which should match the envelope sender.

As far as I can tell Google is going to be unhappy no matter what unless
I use their services - if there's DKIM records it's not going to like
that the from is from kernel.org and if I don't have DKIM records then
it's not going to like that either and I'll be more vulnerable to the
blacklists that try to extort money out of people for permanent
delisting.

Possibly it's not actually anything to do with the DKIM and it's just
upset that I'm travelling and so the mail was injected from a mobile
broadband IP in Japan which doesn't match up with the .uk domain.