* [linux-dvb] USB Wintv HVR-900 Hauppauge
@ 2009-08-19 10:45 Miguel
From: Miguel @ 2009-08-19 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-dvb

Hello,

I am trying to set up the dvb-t device in my ubuntu 9.04.
As far as i can see , this device has tm6000 chipset but I don't get it
works. I have followed the guide of tvlinux.org:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Trident_TM6000#TM6000_based_Devices

I have compile v4l-dvb, make, and make install and it seems that the
modules are loaded:

em28xx                 90668  0
ir_common              57732  1 em28xx
v4l2_common            25600  1 em28xx
videobuf_vmalloc       14724  1 em28xx
videobuf_core          26244  2 em28xx,videobuf_vmalloc
tveeprom               20228  1 em28xx
videodev               44832  3 em28xx,v4l2_common,uvcvideo

But by the moment, I don't know which driver  I should you. Actually,
when I switch the usb wintv on , my so doesn't recognize it:

[11107.449900] usb 1-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
address 8
[11107.593094] usb 1-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

how can I get this device run?

thank you in advance.

Miguel

* [linux-dvb]  USB technotrend CT-3650
@ 2009-08-19 18:01 ` Jens Kjellerup
From: Jens Kjellerup @ 2009-08-19 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-dvb

I am not a developer and my programming skills dates back to the late
1970's where i programmed insurance applications i Cobol – so they are
a bit rusty.

I have been given a Technotrend connect CT-3650 CI device as a
birthday present for my myth server (don't ask for my age). I run
Mythbuntu 9.04.

I have searched for drivers to get the unit up and running but can't
find any. I have read:
http://osdir.com/ml/linux-media/2009-03/msg01137.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg08610.html
http://www.spinics.net/linux/lists/linux-dvb/msg27678.html
and several others, but i haven't found any workable solution.

I have tried to follow the recipee on this device – a sister product
for dvb-s2
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechnoTrend_TT-connect_S2-3650_CI

Up until now i have found no way to get the device running.
I have compiled and installed the newest v4l repository with no
further luck. I have extracted the newest firmware from the latest BDA
files on the the Technotrend site www.tt-pc.de

Dmesg only shows that the usb bus is detecting a tehcnotrend device
Lsusb shows the same.

Can anyone point me in a direction to get it working patches, drivers etc.

Alternatively has the community all together given up on this device.

Sorry for this ”non development” question but i don't know where else
to turn to. If someone would help me i could make the testing and
documentation for the linuxtv site.

Thank you in advance
JK

* Re: [linux-dvb] USB technotrend CT-3650
@ 2009-08-19 20:17   ` Bert Haverkamp
From: Bert Haverkamp @ 2009-08-19 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hello Jens,

I'm also looking into the CT-3650. I posted a few days back about the
support for this device for dvb-c. Are you trying to get dvb-c working
or dvb-t?

Can anyone else answer if dvb-c is indeed working with current linux?

Regards,

Bert

> Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Jens Kjellerup<jens@kjellerup-hansen.dk> wrote:
> I am not a developer and my programming skills dates back to the late 1970's
> where i programmed insurance applications i Cobol – so they are a bit rusty.
>
> I have been given a Technotrend connect CT-3650 CI device as a birthday
> present for my myth server (don't ask for my age). I run Mythbuntu 9.04.
>
> I have searched for drivers to get the unit up and running but can't find
> any. I have read:
> http://osdir.com/ml/linux-media/2009-03/msg01137.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg08610.html
> http://www.spinics.net/linux/lists/linux-dvb/msg27678.html
> and several others, but i haven't found any workable solution.
>
> I have tried to follow the recipee on this device – a sister product for
> dvb-s2
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechnoTrend_TT-connect_S2-3650_CI
>
> Up until now i have found no way to get the device running.
> I have compiled and installed the newest v4l repository with no further
> luck. I have extracted the newest firmware from the latest BDA files on the
> the Technotrend site www.tt-pc.de
>

> Dmesg only shows that the usb bus is detecting a tehcnotrend device
> Lsusb shows the same.
>
> Can anyone point me in a direction to get it working patches, drivers etc.
>
> Alternatively has the community all together given up on this device.
>
> Sorry for this ”non development” question but i don't know where else to
> turn to. If someone would help me i could make the testing and documentation
> for the linuxtv site.
>
> Thank you in advance
> JK

38 is NOT a random number!!!!

* RE: [linux-dvb] USB technotrend CT-3650
@ 2009-08-21 15:26     ` Christopher Thornley
From: Christopher Thornley @ 2009-08-21 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Bert Haverkamp', linux-media

Hi,
I can confirm DVB-C does not work.
Tried with Kaffine and a custom transponder list for my aera and with w_scan
which takes an age to change between frequencies.

Chris

               />      Christopher J. Thornley is cjt@coolrose.fsnet.co.uk
 (*)OXOXOXOXO(*>=*=O=S=U=0=3=6=*=---------                             >
               \>       Home Page :-http://www.coolrose.fsnet.co.uk