Hi Andreas, thanks for the quick reply, Good suggestion, after removing tpm2-tools /-abrmd, the kernel panic is still occurring... Does it mean I should rather check on the driver side ? If yes, any idea where can I support on this topic ? Mit freundlichen Grüßen Florian Manoël Siemens AG Digital Industries Process Automation DI PA DCP R&D 2 Östliche Rheinbrückenstr. 50 76187 Karlsruhe, Deutschland Tel.: +49 721 667-20051 mailto:florian.manoel(a)siemens.com www.siemens.com [cid:image001.gif(a)01D6E8EC.3AEB66C0] Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jim Hagemann Snabe; Vorstand: Joe Kaeser, Vorsitzender; Roland Busch, Klaus Helmrich, Cedrik Neike, Matthias Rebellius, Ralf P. Thomas, Judith Wiese; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322 Von: Fuchs, Andreas Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Januar 2021 11:49 An: Manoel, Florian (DI PA DCP R&D 2) ; tpm2(a)lists.01.org Betreff: RE: TPM V2: kernel panic on linux reboot Hi Florian, just to make sure; what happens if you don't send any commands to the TPM from Userspace ? I.e. startup and shutdown without anything else (no tpm2-abrmd or tools installed). I just wanna know if it is a pure kernel-driver issue or if it is a side-effect from userspace usage. Thanks, Andreas ________________________________ From: florian.manoel(a)siemens.com [florian.manoel(a)siemens.com] Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 11:39 To: tpm2(a)lists.01.org Subject: [tpm2] TPM V2: kernel panic on linux reboot Hi tpm2 mailing list, I'm new here, so I briefly introduce myself. I am Florian, working at Siemens in Germany. I am currently on charge to implement a TPM V2 (Infineon slb9670, SPI connected) on our custom board, named 'LPE9403', equipped with an processor 64-bit ARM NXP LS1043a. I already made some adjustment (defconfig in U-Boot and Linux, device tree, init code in U-Boot). I have installed "tpm2-tools" using 'apt-get install'. I get to the point where the TPM is correctly detected and I can use some of the function like tpm2_getrandom(). However, when I execute the command 'reboot', it leads every time to a kernel panic. The logs seems to indicate that something went wrong with the shutdown of the TPM. Can you provide me support to fix this issue ? My config : - Processor 64-bit ARM NXP LS1043a - TPM V2 Infineon slb9670 - tpm2-tools: Version: 3.1.3-2 - linux kernel version: 4.19.144 I provide with this mail a zip archive 'debug_logs.zip' containing : - 'linux_logs.txt' : logs from Linux startup + kernel panic on reboot - 'uboot_logs.txt' : logs of the init commands in U-Boot - 'lpe.dtsi' : extract of the device tree used for the TPM - 'lpe_tfa_defconfig' : defconfig of U-boot - 'lpe9403_defconfig' : defconfig of linux - 'uboot_TPM_init_code.txt' : extract of the TPM init code in U-Boot - 'tpm2-tool_version.txt' : version of the installed tpm2-tools If needed, I can provide more information, Thanks for your support. Mit freundlichen Grüßen Florian Manoël Siemens AG Digital Industries Process Automation DI PA DCP R&D 2 Östliche Rheinbrückenstr. 50 76187 Karlsruhe, Deutschland Tel.: +49 721 667-20051 mailto:florian.manoel(a)siemens.com www.siemens.com [cid:image001.gif(a)01D6E8EC.3AEB66C0] Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jim Hagemann Snabe; Vorstand: Joe Kaeser, Vorsitzender; Roland Busch, Klaus Helmrich, Cedrik Neike, Matthias Rebellius, Ralf P. Thomas, Judith Wiese; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322