From: "Marc Roos" <M.Roos@f1-outsourcing.eu>
To: response <response@ifastnet.com>, tri <tri@postix.net>
Cc: ceph-devel <ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org>,
	ceph-users <ceph-users@ceph.io>,
	"icepic.dz" <icepic.dz@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [ceph-users] Re: Understanding what ceph-volume does, with bootstrap-osd/ceph.keyring, tmpfs
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 21:17:54 +0200	[thread overview]

At least ceph thought you the essence of doing first proper testing ;)
Because if you test your use case you either get a positive or negative
result and not a problem.
However I do have to admit that ceph could be more transparent with
publishing testing and performance results. I have already discussed
this with them on such a ceph day. It does not make sense to have to do
everything yourself eg the luks overhead and putting the db/wal on ssd,
rbd performance on hdds etc. Those can quickly show if ceph can be a
candidate or not.