From: "lky" <lky77@sjtu.edu.cn>
To: "SELINUX" <SELinux@tycho.nsa.gov>
Subject: policy configuration problems
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 00:47:22 +0800	[thread overview]

Hi, I have installed 2.4-based SELinux on Redhat9.0 and I want to eliminate the denied messages now. But there are several problems about my policy configuration.
First,there are still several system processes run within the initrc_t domain. I have moved up the .te files for these programes from the policy/domains/program/unused directory before building the policy and the pathname for these programs in the .fc files are right as well. Below is the
associated messages with the command "ps -e --context":
  PID CONTEXT                                  COMMAND
  925 system_u:system_r:initrc_t               portmap
  944 system_u:system_r:initrc_t               rpc.statd
 1054 system_u:system_r:initrc_t               xinetd -stayalive -reuse -pidfile
 1074 system_u:system_r:initrc_t               sendmail: accepting connections
 1083 system_u:system_r:initrc_t               sendmail: Queue runner@01:00:00 f
 1093 system_u:system_r:initrc_t               gpm -t imps2 -m /dev/mouse
 1103 system_u:system_r:initrc_t               /usr/sbin/cannaserver -syslog -u

The second problem is that I used the "newrule.pl -d" command to automaticaly generate the allow rules.But there is no effect after I append the rules in the associated .te files and run the command "make load". The same denied messages are still there.
Thanks a lot!