Hi Stas, Here i have the logs, i have created two logs, one from a normal printed report, more short, and other that fails to print i would be very pleased if you can see it and reply me with your recommendation. -----Mensaje original----- De: Stas Sergeev [mailto:stsp@aknet.ru] Enviado el: miércoles, 10 de septiembre de 2003 19:44 Para: Miguel A. Rasero Asunto: Re: Serial port direct access Hello. Miguel A. Rasero wrote: > Now i have the logs and a bunch of more tests done, it doesn´t really Your log is very incomplete, there is nothing about an actual data transfer. You must run dosemu with the -D9+s (as you did), start printing, wait until it fails, and only then stop the dosemu. Then you'll get a complete log. > seems a dosemu problem, i don´t know if it is an application problem or > other but i have tested from other emu like win4lin that provides direct > access to serial port (without kernel module loading) and i have the Does the win4lin provides a direct access to the serial port, or the emulated access like dosemu does? > understand it.I would be very thankful if you could help me. I could > think that it´s a linux kernel problem but if i test from a bash command > line "cat largereport > /dev/ttyS0" it works fine. Well, the emulated access to the serial port is a tricky thing. The main problem is that dosemu is not able to handle the interrupts from the serial port, so it maintains a virtual interrupt status. "cat xxx >/dev/ttyS0" doesn't have any limitations like that apparently.