From: "Prashanth A Pandit" <prashanth@prodigylabs.com>
To: <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: problem mounting CD writer in 2.4.20
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 04:52:43 +0530	[thread overview]

yes, i did created an image of ext2 filesystem using following commands:

dd if=/dev/zero of=cd.img bs=1k count=4k
mke2fs cd.img
mount -o loop cd.img /mnt/tmp
cp ./* /mnt/tmp
umount /mnt/tmp

then i used 'cdrecord' as follows:
cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -data -multi cd.img

to use the CD on some other OS, i must use ISO9660 fs right? in which case,
i will go with 'mkisofs' instaed of 'mke2fs'. please tell me where am i
going wrong. this is first time am using CD writer.

thanks & regards,
- prashanth