* OneNAND test modules
@ 2007-02-08 15:18 Adrian Hunter
From: Adrian Hunter @ 2007-02-08 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

There are 4 test modules in users/ahunter/nand-tests.git
that I have found useful for testing OneNAND.  They are:

oobtest		Test reading and writing oob with auto-placement
pagetest	Test reading and writing some pages
subpagetest	Test reading and writing some sub-pages
torture		Artem's torture test (here at Artem's request)

* Re: OneNAND test modules
@ 2007-02-08 15:31 ` Artem Bityutskiy
From: Artem Bityutskiy @ 2007-02-08 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Boyer; +Cc: linux-mtd, Adrian Hunter

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 17:18 +0200, Adrian Hunter wrote:
> There are 4 test modules in users/ahunter/nand-tests.git
> that I have found useful for testing OneNAND.  They are:
>
> oobtest		Test reading and writing oob with auto-placement
> pagetest	Test reading and writing some pages
> subpagetest	Test reading and writing some sub-pages
> torture		Artem's torture test (here at Artem's request)

Cool stuff!

Josh, I would recommend you to try the sub-page test out, as you use the
sub-page feature and is relatively new. It helped use with OneNAND.

P.S. May be we may put the tests to /home/git ?

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)

* Re: OneNAND test modules
@ 2007-02-08 18:00 ` Artem Bityutskiy
From: Artem Bityutskiy @ 2007-02-08 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Hunter; +Cc: linux-mtd

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 17:18 +0200, Adrian Hunter wrote:
> There are 4 test modules in users/ahunter/nand-tests.git
> that I have found useful for testing OneNAND.  They are:
>
> oobtest		Test reading and writing oob with auto-placement
> pagetest	Test reading and writing some pages
> subpagetest	Test reading and writing some sub-pages
> torture		Artem's torture test (here at Artem's request)

Err, surely they are not OneNAND-only and may be used to test NAND stuff
as well?

--

@ 2007-02-09  1:57   ` Kyungmin Park
From: Kyungmin Park @ 2007-02-09  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dedekind, 'Adrian Hunter'; +Cc: linux-mtd

Hi,

Thank you for releasing testcases programs.

> Err, surely they are not OneNAND-only and may be used to test
> NAND stuff as well?

With your patches, it works well and also with NAND patch [1] as we
expected.

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park

1. http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2007-January/017295.html

* Re: OneNAND test modules
@ 2007-02-09 10:03   ` Adrian Hunter
From: Adrian Hunter @ 2007-02-09 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> Err, surely they are not OneNAND-only and may be used to test NAND stuff
> as well?

Yes, but I only have OneNAND.  They seem to work with nandsim.