* [DVB] Digital Devices Cine CT V6 support
@ 2011-09-23 15:11 Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI)
From: Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI) @ 2011-09-23 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Oliver,

Using your latest development tree (hg clone
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/media_build_experimental), I have made a
small modification in ddbridge-core.c (see below) to make the new "Cine CT
V6" card detected by the ddbridge module.

With this small patch, the card is now detected, but not the double C/T
tuner onboard.
If I connect a "DuoFlex CT" on a port, the tuners of the add-in card are
detected.

Also, I was wondering why they put a male and a female RF connectors on the
"Cine CT V6" (maybe a loop-through?) where there are two female RF
connectors on the "DuoFlex CT" card.

Best regards,
Sebastien.

Before
------

static struct ddb_info ddb_v6 = {
	.type     = DDB_OCTOPUS,
	.name     = "Digital Devices Cine S2 V6 DVB adapter",
	.port_num = 3,
};

And

	DDB_ID(DDVID, 0x0003, DDVID, 0x0020, ddb_v6),

After
-----

static struct ddb_info ddb_v6_s2 = {
	.type     = DDB_OCTOPUS,
	.name     = "Digital Devices Cine S2 V6 DVB-S/S2 adapter",
	.port_num = 3,
};

static struct ddb_info ddb_v6_ct = {
	.type     = DDB_OCTOPUS,
	.name     = "Digital Devices Cine S2 V6 DVB-C/T adapter",
	.port_num = 3,
};

And

	DDB_ID(DDVID, 0x0003, DDVID, 0x0020, ddb_v6_s2),
	DDB_ID(DDVID, 0x0003, DDVID, 0x0030, ddb_v6_ct),

* Re: [DVB] Digital Devices Cine CT V6 support
@ 2011-10-24  7:06 ` Oliver Endriss
From: Oliver Endriss @ 2011-10-24  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Using your latest development tree (hg clone
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/media_build_experimental), I have made a
> small modification in ddbridge-core.c (see below) to make the new "Cine CT
> V6" card detected by the ddbridge module.
>
> With this small patch, the card is now detected, but not the double C/T
> tuner onboard.

This cannot work, as the cards requires different frontend drivers.

Please try a fresh check-out from
  http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/media_build_experimental

The Cine CT v6 is supported now.

> Also, I was wondering why they put a male and a female RF connectors on the
> "Cine CT V6" (maybe a loop-through?) where there are two female RF
> connectors on the "DuoFlex CT" card.

The second connector of the Cine CT is the loop-through output.

CU
Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin 0.4.0: http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/
4 MByte Mod: http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/dvb-mem-mod/
Full-TS Mod: http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/dvb-full-ts-mod/

* RE: [DVB] Digital Devices Cine CT V6 support
@ 2011-10-24 12:18   ` Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI)
From: Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI) @ 2011-10-24 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you for the update, we'll test it soon, we're waiting for the new
double-CI reader support.

I've seen a new parameter "ts_loop", can you explain how it's working?
Is-it for sending the stream from the demodulator directly to the CAM
reader?

> > Also, I was wondering why they put a male and a female RF connectors
> > on the "Cine CT V6" (maybe a loop-through?) where there are two female
> > RF connectors on the "DuoFlex CT" card.
>
> The second connector of the Cine CT is the loop-through output.

Ok

@ 2011-10-24 18:31     ` Ralph Metzler
From: Ralph Metzler @ 2011-10-24 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI) writes:
 > I've seen a new parameter "ts_loop", can you explain how it's working?
 > Is-it for sending the stream from the demodulator directly to the CAM
 > reader?

No, it is mainly for testing. It declares one TAB as loopback, which
means that the data output is directly connected to the input.

For redirecting a stream through a CI see the "redirect" attribute.
I don't know if my small redirect readme was included in the package I
sent to Oliver. So, I attached it below.

-Ralph

Redirection of TS streams through CI modules is now supported
through /sys/class/ddbridge/ddbridge0/redirect.
It only works with cards based on the ddbridge PCIe bridge, not
with nGene based cards.

It is set up in such a way that you can write "AB CD" to
a "redirect" attribute and data from input B of card A is then piped through
port D (meaning TAB (D+1) which uses output D and input 2*D for CI io)
of card C and then shows up in the demux device belonging to
input B (input (B&1) of TAB (B/2+1)) of card A.

E.g.:

echo "00 01" > /sys/class/ddbridge/ddbridge0/redirect

will pipe input 0 of card 0 through CI at port 1 (TAB 2) of card 0.

Redirection should only be done right after loading the driver
(or booting if the driver is built-in) and before using the
devices in any way.

* RE: [DVB] Digital Devices Cine CT V6 support
@ 2011-10-24 21:44       ` Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI)
From: Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI) @ 2011-10-24 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great feature, thanks!

@ 2011-10-27  9:05       ` Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI)
From: Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI) @ 2011-10-27  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Ralph,

I've made two diagrams (see below) to explain the numbering based on your
explanation and the driver code source.
I hope they are right and it can help for understanding the octopus bridge.

The good news with the new redirect function is we can emulate the
traditional CAM handling and then use the current DVB software without
modification.

Best regards,
Sebastien.

                          OCTOPUS BRIDGE

                        +----------------+
  Tuner 0 -> Input 0 -> |                |
                        | Port 0 - TAB 1 | -> Output 0
  Tuner 1 -> Input 1 -> |                |
                        +----------------+
  Tuner 0 -> Input 2 -> |                |
                        | Port 1 - TAB 2 | -> Output 1
  Tuner 1 -> Input 3 -> |                |
                        +----------------+
  Tuner 0 -> Input 4 -> |                |
                        | Port 2 - TAB 3 | -> Output 2
  Tuner 1 -> Input 5 -> |                |
                        +----------------+
  Tuner 0 -> Input 6 -> |                |
                        | Port 3 - TAB 4 | -> Output 3
  Tuner 1 -> Input 7 -> |                |
                        +----------------+

                     CineS2 v6 + 2 CAM Readers

                        +----------------+
  Tuner 0 -> Input 0 -> |                |
                        | Port 0 - TAB 1 | -> Output 0
  Tuner 1 -> Input 1 -> |     DVB-S2     |
                        +----------------+
             Input 2 -> |                |
                        | Port 1 - TAB 2 | -> Output 1
             Input 3 -> |                |
                        +----------------+
    CAM 0 -> Input 4 -> |                |
                        | Port 2 - TAB 3 | -> Output 2 -> CAM 0
             Input 5 -> |       CAM      |
                        +----------------+
    CAM 1 -> Input 6 -> |                |
                        | Port 3 - TAB 4 | -> Output 3 -> CAM 1
             Input 7 -> |       CAM      |
                        +----------------+

Two redirections to set :

* "X0 X2" (input #0 to port #2)
* "X1 X3" (input #1 to port #3)

Where X is the device number.

@ 2011-10-28  7:54         ` Ralph Metzler
From: Ralph Metzler @ 2011-10-28  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI) writes:
 >                      CineS2 v6 + 2 CAM Readers
 >
 >                         +----------------+
 >   Tuner 0 -> Input 0 -> |                |
 >                         | Port 0 - TAB 1 | -> Output 0
 >   Tuner 1 -> Input 1 -> |     DVB-S2     |
 >                         +----------------+
 >              Input 2 -> |                |
 >                         | Port 1 - TAB 2 | -> Output 1
 >              Input 3 -> |                |
 >                         +----------------+
 >     CAM 0 -> Input 4 -> |                |
 >                         | Port 2 - TAB 3 | -> Output 2 -> CAM 0
 >              Input 5 -> |       CAM      |
 >                         +----------------+
 >     CAM 1 -> Input 6 -> |                |
 >                         | Port 3 - TAB 4 | -> Output 3 -> CAM 1
 >              Input 7 -> |       CAM      |
 >                         +----------------+
 >
 > Two redirections to set :
 >
 > * "X0 X2" (input #0 to port #2)
 > * "X1 X3" (input #1 to port #3)
 >
 > Where X is the device number.

Correct, except that the CineS2 V6 only has TAB2 and TAB3 on board.

Btw., I also added the module parameter adapter_alloc, which lets you
specifiy how many adapters are to be allocated:

0 = one adapter per io if modules are present
1 = one adapter for each tab on which a module was detected
2 = one per tab even if no modules were detected
3 = one adapter for all devices of one card

If you use adapter_alloc=3 for a config like above (2 tuners 2 CAMS)
you will get all the devices in one /dev/dvb/adapterX/
and most programs should now work with CI out of the box (at least
with the first tuner) if the redirections are set properly.

Regards,
Ralph