From: "Roy" <roy@xxx.lt>
To: lartc@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [LARTC] Port limiting on forward
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:44:37 +0000	[thread overview]

I heard that matching ports with mangle and shape with CBQ or HTB will cost
me some resources so i want to limit that way :

1. On forward I want to limit a port range like 0 to 79 at 8kbps .And after
that i want to be able to add lines with other port range , also at 8kbps,
but only on forward .Today i had just started to use BBQ and HTB

are you so low on resources? or yo want to manage 10000 users?

the simple way to do everything that is to mark packets with iptables there
is no other way to match port range.
also you can know if pcket is forwarded of not by marking it with iptables
or by source ip.

And how do you use cbq and htb at once?