Thanks for the feedback, On Mon, 2019-09-23 at 13:39 -0700, John Hubbard wrote: > Please remember to include linux-mm if there is a v2. Sure, I will include on v3. > Nit: seems like it would be nicer to just put it all in one place, and use > positive logic, and also I think people normally don't compress the empty > functions quite that much. So like this: I did this by following the default on the rest of this file. As you can see, all other features use the standard of #ifndef SOMETHING dummy/generic functions #endif Declaring the functions become responsibility of the arch. > #ifdef __HAVE_ARCH_LOCKLESS_PGTBL_WALK_COUNTER > void start_lockless_pgtbl_walk(struct mm_struct *mm); > void end_lockless_pgtbl_walk(struct mm_struct *mm); > int running_lockless_pgtbl_walk(struct mm_struct *mm); > > #else > static inline void start_lockless_pgtbl_walk(struct mm_struct *mm) > { > } > static inline void end_lockless_pgtbl_walk(struct mm_struct *mm) > { > } > static inline int running_lockless_pgtbl_walk(struct mm_struct *mm) > { > return 0; > } > #endif > > thanks,