Hi All, sorry for long delay with XEN. we have plans with Xen support on DilOS. i have made some changes on dilos-illumos side for it. but we have some priority to OpenZFS updates and XEN support will be a little bit later. we have plans for XEN on 2021 year, but all depends on business needs and investments. best regards, -Igor > On 2 Oct 2020, at 12:53, Jürgen Groß wrote: > > On 05.12.16 06:32, Juergen Gross wrote: >> On 04/12/16 18:11, Igor Kozhukhov wrote: >>> Hi Pasi, >>> >>> i’m using both addresses, but probably @gmale missed some emails with >>> maillist. >>> >>> About DilOS + Xen. >>> >>> i’m using xen-3.4 - old version what i backported to DilOS based on old >>> opensolaris varsion and upadted it to use python2.7 and some others zfs >>> updates - more updates :) >>> i tried to port Xen-4.3, but not finished it yet because i have no found >>> sponsors and i have been moved to some aonther job without DilOS/illumos >>> activities. >>> try to do it by free time was/is overhead. >>> >>> i have plans try to return back and look at latest Xen. >>> >>> right now i try to move DilOS bulid env to use more Debian style build >>> env and to use gcc-5.4 as primary compiler. >>> Also, i have SPARC support with DilOS and it eat some additional free time. >>> please do not drop solaris support :) - i’ll use and update it soon - >>> probably on next year. >> Got it. Thanks for the note and good luck for the port! > > As a followup after nearly 4 years: > > It seems nothing has happened, and Solaris specific coding in Xen is > bit-rotting further. Last example is xenstored, which lost an interface > mandatory for Solaris about 1 year ago (nobody noticed, as Solaris > specific parts are neither built nor tested). > > I stumbled over this one as I did some reorg of the Xen libraries and > checked all the dependencies between those. > > I think at least the no longer working Solaris stuff in xenstored should > be removed now (in theory it would still be possible to use xenstore- > stubdom in Solaris), but I honestly think all the other Solaris cruft in > Xen tools should go away, too, in case nobody is really showing some > interest in it (e.g. by doing some basic build tests and maybe a small > functional test for each release of Xen). > > So how does the realistic future of a Solaris dom0 look like? Is there > a non-neglectable chance it will be revived in the near future, or can > we remove the Solaris abstractions? > > > Juergen