Marek Vasut wrote: > I see, so adding u32 also here works. I'm starting to wonder if the BIT > macro is really that nice and if I shouldn't just use (1 << n) as usual. Actually, (1 << n) is not so good either when n is 31 - it can trigger overflow warnings since it will be presumed to be a signed value. (1U << n) should avoid that problem. Unfortunately, BIT() uses 1UL which produces 64-bit values on 64-bit arches. The bit ops are kind of a mess in that way. It would be nicer if BIT was restricted to int-size values and a new BIT_UL or something would produce the long values.