* ATH10K VLAN firmware issue
@ 2015-12-08 14:29 ` Cedric VONCKEN
From: Cedric VONCKEN @ 2015-12-08 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath10k, linux-wireless

	I'm testing to transmit frame with 802.1q tag (VLAN).

	My client is set in STA + WDS and the netdev is bridged with
eth0.
	I have a computer with vlan configuration set connected to the
STA eth0.

	If I try to transmit frames with 802.1q tag, the frames are not
sent.
	I checked with wireless sniffer, and I don't see the frame with
VLAN tag (the frames without VLAN tag are sent).

	I tested with firmware 10.2.4.70.14-2 from kale github,
10.1.467-ct-com-full-015 from candelatech and 10.2.4.70-2 from openwrt,
and in all cases I have the same issue.

	Thanks for your help.

From: Cedric VONCKEN @ 2015-12-08 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath10k, linux-wireless

	I'm testing to transmit frame with 802.1q tag (VLAN).

	My client is set in STA + WDS and the netdev is bridged with
eth0.
	I have a computer with vlan configuration set connected to the
STA eth0.

	If I try to transmit frames with 802.1q tag, the frames are not
sent.
	I checked with wireless sniffer, and I don't see the frame with
VLAN tag (the frames without VLAN tag are sent).

	I tested with firmware 10.2.4.70.14-2 from kale github,
10.1.467-ct-com-full-015 from candelatech and 10.2.4.70-2 from openwrt,
and in all cases I have the same issue.

	Thanks for your help.

* Re: ATH10K VLAN firmware issue
@ 2015-12-09 15:33   ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2015-12-09 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cedric VONCKEN, ath10k, linux-wireless

This only happens when you use STA  + WDS, or is .1q broken
for you in other cases as well?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>

From: Ben Greear @ 2015-12-09 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cedric VONCKEN, ath10k, linux-wireless

@ 2015-12-09 17:24     ` voncken
From: voncken @ 2015-12-09 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ben Greear', ath10k, 'linux-wireless'

No, this issue occurs in all modes (STA, STA + WDS, AP).

Thanks

Cedric.

From: voncken @ 2015-12-09 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ben Greear', ath10k, 'linux-wireless'

@ 2016-11-04 14:13       ` Bruno Antunes
From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-04 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voncken; +Cc: ath10k, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List

Hi all,

Old thread but I think the issue is still present.

I'm running a setup with VLANs with WDS and ath10k cards.

To make it work both cards must be loaded in rawmode, AP
and Sta, and with no security.

I'm using a OpenWrt trunk r49941 and the most recent firmware,
10.2.4.70.58, from Kalle ath10k firmware tree.

Although it works the throughput is very bad.
Are there any alternatives to improve the throughput.

Best Regards,
Bruno

From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-04 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voncken; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k

Hi all,

Old thread but I think the issue is still present.

I'm running a setup with VLANs with WDS and ath10k cards.

To make it work both cards must be loaded in rawmode, AP
and Sta, and with no security.

I'm using a OpenWrt trunk r49941 and the most recent firmware,
10.2.4.70.58, from Kalle ath10k firmware tree.

Although it works the throughput is very bad.
Are there any alternatives to improve the throughput.

Best Regards,
Bruno

On 9 December 2015 at 17:24, voncken <cedric.voncken@acksys.fr> wrote:

* Re: [OpenWrt-Devel] ATH10K VLAN firmware issue
       [not found]       ` <27f802e7-79c5-a17f-1883-88e62a6520ef@ezplanet.net>
@ 2016-11-04 14:41           ` Bruno Antunes
From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-04 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Mozzarelli; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k

On 4 November 2016 at 14:18, Mauro Mozzarelli <openwrt@ezplanet.net> wrote:
> Since the capability is implemented in software you might be testing the
> limit of your router's CPU i/o speed.

By loading the module in rawmode?

The AP is an APU and Sta is an APU2.

From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-04 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Mozzarelli; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k

@ 2016-11-04 17:28             ` yu-chieh kung
From: yu-chieh kung @ 2016-11-04 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k

I met the same problem before,
if i modify the 1q header to other value (0xaa00) before go into firmware.
I can capture the packet in the air
I think the vlan packet is dropped in firmware.

From: yu-chieh kung @ 2016-11-04 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List, ath10k

@ 2016-11-04 21:17         ` Valo, Kalle
From: Valo, Kalle @ 2016-11-04 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes; +Cc: voncken, OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k

Bruno Antunes <baantunes@gmail.com> writes:

> Old thread but I think the issue is still present.
>
> I'm running a setup with VLANs with WDS and ath10k cards.
>
> To make it work both cards must be loaded in rawmode, AP
> and Sta, and with no security.
>
> I'm using a OpenWrt trunk r49941 and the most recent firmware,
> 10.2.4.70.58, from Kalle ath10k firmware tree.
>
> Although it works the throughput is very bad.
> Are there any alternatives to improve the throughput.

Can someone file a bug to bugzilla about this so that all the info is
properly stored? The more comprehensive the report is the better.

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/

--=20
Kalle Valo=

From: Valo, Kalle @ 2016-11-04 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k, voncken

@ 2016-11-04 21:50               ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-04 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yu-chieh kung, Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k

I can reproduce this in my CT firmware.  I'll see if I can fix it,
but for stock firmware, it might be that changing the driver to use Ethernet packet type
of native-wifi would make .1q vlans work.

Thanks,
Ben

From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-04 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yu-chieh kung, Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List, ath10k

@ 2016-11-04 22:23                 ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-04 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yu-chieh kung, Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List, ath10k

The bug appears that vlan-tx-stripping is unconditionally enabled in
at least my firmware.  I have re-compiled w/out that flag set, and it appears
to work for me.

Please download this firmware, rename it firmware-2.bin, make sure you remove/rename
any firmware-5.bin (etc) so mine will load, and see if that fixes your problem.

Please note that it is very likely you will have to use same MAC address
for the VLAN devices that the underlying station uses in order for this to work.

https://www.candelatech.com/downloads/tmp/firmware-2-full-community.bin

Thanks,
Ben

From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-04 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yu-chieh kung, Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List, ath10k

@ 2016-11-05  8:05                   ` Sebastian Gottschall
From: Sebastian Gottschall @ 2016-11-05  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear, yu-chieh kung, Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List, ath10k

would be good if qca can fix this bug finally in all available
firmwares. its a very annoying issue since a long time

Sebastian

Am 04.11.2016 um 23:23 schrieb Ben Greear:
> The bug appears that vlan-tx-stripping is unconditionally enabled in
> at least my firmware.  I have re-compiled w/out that flag set, and it
> appears
> to work for me.
>
> Please download this firmware, rename it firmware-2.bin, make sure you
> remove/rename
> any firmware-5.bin (etc) so mine will load, and see if that fixes your
> problem.
>
> Please note that it is very likely you will have to use same MAC address
> for the VLAN devices that the underlying station uses in order for
> this to work.
>
> https://www.candelatech.com/downloads/tmp/firmware-2-full-community.bin
>

> Thanks,
> Ben
>

> On 11/04/2016 02:50 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
>> I can reproduce this in my CT firmware. I'll see if I can fix it,
>> but for stock firmware, it might be that changing the driver to use
>> Ethernet packet type
>> of native-wifi would make .1q vlans work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>
>> On 11/04/2016 10:28 AM, yu-chieh kung wrote:
>>> I met the same problem before,
>>> if i modify the 1q header to other value (0xaa00) before go into
>>> firmware.
>>> I can capture the packet in the air
>>> I think the vlan packet is dropped in firmware.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz:  Berliner Ring 101, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: s.gottschall@dd-wrt.com
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565

From: Sebastian Gottschall @ 2016-11-05  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear, yu-chieh kung, Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List, ath10k

@ 2016-11-05 14:35                     ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-05 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Gottschall, yu-chieh kung, Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List, ath10k

Looks to me like 10.4 defaults to the right value, but possibly there are other
issues with it.  I tested my CT 10.4 and it worked OK with vlans for me.

Thanks,
Ben

From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-05 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Gottschall, yu-chieh kung, Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List, ath10k

@ 2016-11-07 11:54                   ` Bruno Antunes
From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-07 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear
  Cc: yu-chieh kung, Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless,
	OpenWrt Development List, ath10k

On 4 November 2016 at 22:23, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
> The bug appears that vlan-tx-stripping is unconditionally enabled in
> at least my firmware.  I have re-compiled w/out that flag set, and it
> appears
> to work for me.
>
> Please download this firmware, rename it firmware-2.bin, make sure you
> remove/rename
> any firmware-5.bin (etc) so mine will load, and see if that fixes your
> problem.

Thanks for the fast reply but it only solves "half"  the problem.

Now the connection between the AP and the Sta can be secure and the
driver doesn't need to be loaded in rawmode.

Unfortunatly the the throughput is still bad.

iperf3 -c 10.10.4.15
Connecting to host 10.10.4.15, port 5201
[  4] local 10.10.4.16 port 44893 connected to 10.10.4.15 port 5201
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
[  4]   0.00-1.01   sec  42.4 KBytes   345 Kbits/sec    6   1.41 KBytes
[  4]   1.01-2.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
[  4]   2.01-3.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
[  4]   3.01-4.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
[  4]   4.01-5.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
[  4]   5.01-6.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
[  4]   6.01-7.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
[  4]   7.01-8.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
[  4]   8.01-9.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
[  4]   9.01-10.01  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
[  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  42.4 KBytes  34.7 Kbits/sec    9             sender
[  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec                  receiver

iperf Done.

> Please note that it is very likely you will have to use same MAC address
> for the VLAN devices that the underlying station uses in order for this to
> work.

Can you please elaborate more?
My setup  is the folowing.
The connection between the AP and Sta is in WDS
For the moment all devices are in the same VLAN.

client1 --- SW1 ---- AP ...... Sta ---- SW2 --- client2

Thanks,
Bruno

From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-07 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List,
	ath10k, yu-chieh kung

@ 2016-11-07 12:01           ` Bruno Antunes
From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-07 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valo, Kalle; +Cc: voncken, OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k

On 4 November 2016 at 21:17, Valo, Kalle <kvalo@qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
> Bruno Antunes <baantunes@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Old thread but I think the issue is still present.
>>
>> I'm running a setup with VLANs with WDS and ath10k cards.
>>
>> To make it work both cards must be loaded in rawmode, AP
>> and Sta, and with no security.
>>
>> I'm using a OpenWrt trunk r49941 and the most recent firmware,
>> 10.2.4.70.58, from Kalle ath10k firmware tree.
>>
>> Although it works the throughput is very bad.
>> Are there any alternatives to improve the throughput.
>
> Can someone file a bug to bugzilla about this so that all the info is
> properly stored? The more comprehensive the report is the better.
>
> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/

I will file a bug report.

But since it appears to be a firmware related issue
under what category can fill in the bug?

Thanks,
Bruno

From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-07 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valo, Kalle; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k, voncken

@ 2016-11-07 14:06                     ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-07 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes
  Cc: yu-chieh kung, Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless,

On 11/07/2016 03:54 AM, Bruno Antunes wrote:
> On 4 November 2016 at 22:23, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
>> The bug appears that vlan-tx-stripping is unconditionally enabled in
>> at least my firmware.  I have re-compiled w/out that flag set, and it
>> appears
>> to work for me.
>>
>> Please download this firmware, rename it firmware-2.bin, make sure you
>> remove/rename
>> any firmware-5.bin (etc) so mine will load, and see if that fixes your
>> problem.
>
> Thanks for the fast reply but it only solves "half"  the problem.
>
> Now the connection between the AP and the Sta can be secure and the
> driver doesn't need to be loaded in rawmode.
>
> Unfortunatly the the throughput is still bad.
>
> iperf3 -c 10.10.4.15
> Connecting to host 10.10.4.15, port 5201
> [  4] local 10.10.4.16 port 44893 connected to 10.10.4.15 port 5201
> [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
> [  4]   0.00-1.01   sec  42.4 KBytes   345 Kbits/sec    6   1.41 KBytes
> [  4]   1.01-2.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
> [  4]   2.01-3.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
> [  4]   3.01-4.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
> [  4]   4.01-5.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
> [  4]   5.01-6.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
> [  4]   6.01-7.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
> [  4]   7.01-8.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
> [  4]   8.01-9.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
> [  4]   9.01-10.01  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
> [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  42.4 KBytes  34.7 Kbits/sec    9             sender
> [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec                  receiver

You have a complex setup, so I think it would be best if you could break it into
simpler parts to test.

First, try just STA to AP, no vlans, and see if you get useful throughput.

Then try with VLANs

Then, try with WDS.

Then try with WDS and vlans.

In STA to AP mode with VLANs, it performed well for me.

Thanks,
Ben

From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-07 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List,
	ath10k, yu-chieh kung

@ 2016-11-07 14:13                       ` Bruno Antunes
From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-07 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear
  Cc: yu-chieh kung, Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless,

On 7 November 2016 at 14:06, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 11/07/2016 03:54 AM, Bruno Antunes wrote:
>>
>> On 4 November 2016 at 22:23, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The bug appears that vlan-tx-stripping is unconditionally enabled in
>>> at least my firmware.  I have re-compiled w/out that flag set, and it
>>> appears
>>> to work for me.
>>>
>>> Please download this firmware, rename it firmware-2.bin, make sure you
>>> remove/rename
>>> any firmware-5.bin (etc) so mine will load, and see if that fixes your
>>> problem.
>>

>> Thanks for the fast reply but it only solves "half"  the problem.
>>
>> Now the connection between the AP and the Sta can be secure and the
>> driver doesn't need to be loaded in rawmode.
>>
>> Unfortunatly the the throughput is still bad.
>>
>> iperf3 -c 10.10.4.15
>> Connecting to host 10.10.4.15, port 5201
>> [  4] local 10.10.4.16 port 44893 connected to 10.10.4.15 port 5201
>> [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
>> [  4]   0.00-1.01   sec  42.4 KBytes   345 Kbits/sec    6   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   1.01-2.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   2.01-3.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   3.01-4.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   4.01-5.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   5.01-6.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   6.01-7.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   7.01-8.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   8.01-9.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   9.01-10.01  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
>> [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  42.4 KBytes  34.7 Kbits/sec    9
>> sender
>> [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec
>> receiver
>

> You have a complex setup, so I think it would be best if you could break it
> into
> simpler parts to test.

Some of the parts I already tested and are working

> First, try just STA to AP, no vlans, and see if you get useful throughput.

Works fine

> Then try with VLANs

To Do

> Then, try with WDS.

Works fine

> Then try with WDS and vlans.

The ultimate goal...

From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-07 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear
  Cc: Mauro Mozzarelli, linux-wireless, OpenWrt Development List,
	ath10k, yu-chieh kung

On 7 November 2016 at 14:06, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 11/07/2016 03:54 AM, Bruno Antunes wrote:
>>
>> On 4 November 2016 at 22:23, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The bug appears that vlan-tx-stripping is unconditionally enabled in
>>> at least my firmware.  I have re-compiled w/out that flag set, and it
>>> appears
>>> to work for me.
>>>
>>> Please download this firmware, rename it firmware-2.bin, make sure you
>>> remove/rename
>>> any firmware-5.bin (etc) so mine will load, and see if that fixes your
>>> problem.
>>

>> Thanks for the fast reply but it only solves "half"  the problem.
>>
>> Now the connection between the AP and the Sta can be secure and the
>> driver doesn't need to be loaded in rawmode.
>>
>> Unfortunatly the the throughput is still bad.
>>
>> iperf3 -c 10.10.4.15
>> Connecting to host 10.10.4.15, port 5201
>> [  4] local 10.10.4.16 port 44893 connected to 10.10.4.15 port 5201
>> [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
>> [  4]   0.00-1.01   sec  42.4 KBytes   345 Kbits/sec    6   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   1.01-2.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   2.01-3.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   3.01-4.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   4.01-5.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   5.01-6.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   6.01-7.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   7.01-8.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   8.01-9.01   sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> [  4]   9.01-10.01  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    0   1.41 KBytes
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
>> [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  42.4 KBytes  34.7 Kbits/sec    9
>> sender
>> [  4]   0.00-10.01  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec
>> receiver
>

> You have a complex setup, so I think it would be best if you could break it
> into
> simpler parts to test.

Some of the parts I already tested and are working

> First, try just STA to AP, no vlans, and see if you get useful throughput.

Works fine

> Then try with VLANs

To Do

> Then, try with WDS.

Works fine

> Then try with WDS and vlans.

The ultimate goal...

@ 2016-11-07 18:06             ` Valo, Kalle
From: Valo, Kalle @ 2016-11-07 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: voncken, OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k

Bruno Antunes <baantunes@gmail.com> writes:

> On 4 November 2016 at 21:17, Valo, Kalle <kvalo@qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
>> Bruno Antunes <baantunes@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Old thread but I think the issue is still present.
>>>
>>> I'm running a setup with VLANs with WDS and ath10k cards.
>>>
>>> To make it work both cards must be loaded in rawmode, AP
>>> and Sta, and with no security.
>>>
>>> I'm using a OpenWrt trunk r49941 and the most recent firmware,
>>> 10.2.4.70.58, from Kalle ath10k firmware tree.
>>>
>>> Although it works the throughput is very bad.
>>> Are there any alternatives to improve the throughput.
>>
>> Can someone file a bug to bugzilla about this so that all the info is
>> properly stored? The more comprehensive the report is the better.
>>
>> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/
>
> I will file a bug report.

Thanks, it's good to store all in one place so that it's easier to find
the relevant info.

> But since it appears to be a firmware related issue
> under what category can fill in the bug?

You can file it under Drivers/network-wireless, AFAIK we don't have any
separate components for firmware bugs. Here's one example to follow:

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3D186161

--=20
Kalle Valo=

From: Valo, Kalle @ 2016-11-07 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k, voncken

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=186161

--
Kalle Valo

* Re: [OpenWrt-Devel] ATH10K VLAN firmware issue
@ 2016-11-07 18:40               ` Bruno Antunes
From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-07 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valo, Kalle; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k, voncken

On 7 November 2016 at 18:06, Valo, Kalle <kvalo@qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
> Bruno Antunes <baantunes@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Can someone file a bug to bugzilla about this so that all the info is
>>> properly stored? The more comprehensive the report is the better.
>>>
>>> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/
>>
>> I will file a bug report.
>
> Thanks, it's good to store all in one place so that it's easier to find
> the relevant info.

Just file the bug with the ID 187241 -  VLAN support in ATH10k
Feel free to ask for adicional info.
I did not mention any names in the bug report fell free to take credit
if wanted.

Regards,
Bruno

From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-07 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valo, Kalle; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, voncken, ath10k

@ 2016-11-15 13:43                 ` Valo, Kalle
From: Valo, Kalle @ 2016-11-15 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, voncken, ath10k

Bruno Antunes <baantunes@gmail.com> writes:

> On 7 November 2016 at 18:06, Valo, Kalle <kvalo@qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
>> Bruno Antunes <baantunes@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> On 4 November 2016 at 21:17, Valo, Kalle <kvalo@qca.qualcomm.com> wrote=
:

>>> I will file a bug report.
>>
>> Thanks, it's good to store all in one place so that it's easier to find
>> the relevant info.
>
> Just file the bug with the ID 187241 - VLAN support in ATH10k Feel
> free to ask for adicional info. I did not mention any names in the bug
> report fell free to take credit if wanted.

Thanks. I'll report it to the firmware team, let's see what happens. If
there's more information which might help to fix this feel free to
update that to the bug report.

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3D187241

--=20
Kalle Valo=

From: Valo, Kalle @ 2016-11-15 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k, voncken

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=187241

--
Kalle Valo

* RE: [OpenWrt-Devel] ATH10K VLAN firmware issue
@ 2016-11-15 14:37                       ` voncken
From: voncken @ 2016-11-15 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ben Greear'
  Cc: linux-wireless, 'OpenWrt Development List', ath10k

	Hi Ben,

	Do you plan to release a candelatech firmware with this fix?

	Regards.

Cedric Voncken.

From: voncken @ 2016-11-15 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ben Greear'
  Cc: 'OpenWrt Development List', linux-wireless, ath10k

@ 2016-11-15 14:53                   ` Bruno Antunes
From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-15 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valo, Kalle
  Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, voncken, ath10k, Ben Greear

On 15 November 2016 at 13:43, Valo, Kalle <kvalo@qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
> Bruno Antunes <baantunes@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Thanks, it's good to store all in one place so that it's easier to find
>>> the relevant info.
>>
>> Just file the bug with the ID 187241 - VLAN support in ATH10k Feel
>> free to ask for adicional info. I did not mention any names in the bug
>> report fell free to take credit if wanted.
>
> Thanks. I'll report it to the firmware team, let's see what happens. If
> there's more information which might help to fix this feel free to
> update that to the bug report.

I'm finishing my tests and will update the bug report ASAP.

Turns out the bad throughput was the result of a failure in the switch port.

With Ben's firmware the VLAN support is working fine with security.

Thanks,
Bruno

From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-15 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valo, Kalle
  Cc: Ben Greear, OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k, voncken

@ 2016-11-15 14:55                         ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-15 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voncken; +Cc: linux-wireless, 'OpenWrt Development List', ath10k

The beta-18 release on my web page has the fix and should work fine.

Probably soon I will promote the beta-18 to final release
status.  Any help in testing and verifying the beta works well
is welcome.

Thanks,
Ben

From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-15 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voncken; +Cc: 'OpenWrt Development List', linux-wireless, ath10k

@ 2016-11-15 15:00                           ` Bruno Antunes
From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-15 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: voncken, OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k

On 15 November 2016 at 14:55, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
> The beta-18 release on my web page has the fix and should work fine.
>
> Probably soon I will promote the beta-18 to final release
> status.  Any help in testing and verifying the beta works well
> is welcome.

I will also do testing with that version.

For clarity can I refer you and your firmware releases in the bug report?

Thanks,
Bruno

From: Bruno Antunes @ 2016-11-15 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k, voncken

@ 2016-11-15 15:06                             ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-15 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes; +Cc: voncken, OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k

On 11/15/2016 07:00 AM, Bruno Antunes wrote:
> On 15 November 2016 at 14:55, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
>> The beta-18 release on my web page has the fix and should work fine.
>>
>> Probably soon I will promote the beta-18 to final release
>> status.  Any help in testing and verifying the beta works well
>> is welcome.
>
> I will also do testing with that version.
>
> For clarity can I refer you and your firmware releases in the bug report?

It is fine by me.  It is a one-line patch to fix the firmware...QCA
can ask me as well if they don't figure it out on their own.

Thanks,
Ben

From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-15 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k, voncken

@ 2017-02-21 12:59                   ` voncken
From: voncken @ 2017-02-21 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Valo, Kalle'
  Cc: 'OpenWrt Development List', 'linux-wireless', ath10k

	Kalle,

Do you know if the firmware team planned to fix the VLAN issue on ath10k
firmware?

Thanks for your help.

Cedric.

From: voncken @ 2017-02-21 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Valo, Kalle'
  Cc: 'OpenWrt Development List', 'linux-wireless', ath10k

@ 2017-02-21 13:19                     ` Valo, Kalle
From: Valo, Kalle @ 2017-02-21 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voncken
  Cc: 'OpenWrt Development List', 'linux-wireless', ath10k

voncken <cedric.voncken@acksys.fr> writes:

> Do you know if the firmware team planned to fix the VLAN issue on ath10k
> firmware?

I reported it forward only this week.

--=20
Kalle Valo=

From: Valo, Kalle @ 2017-02-21 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voncken
  Cc: 'OpenWrt Development List', 'linux-wireless', ath10k

       [not found]                     ` <CAKR_QVLpSWab-kF-f8=xqw+oWAfA966GDm7CtXrWfzmJz8gP-w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-02-21 16:47                         ` Bruno Antunes
From: Bruno Antunes @ 2017-02-21 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Psyborg
  Cc: Valo, Kalle, OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, ath10k, voncken

From: Bruno Antunes @ 2017-02-21 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Psyborg
  Cc: Valo, Kalle, OpenWrt Development List, linux-wireless, voncken, ath10k

On 21 February 2017 at 13:42, Tom Psyborg <pozega.tomislav@gmail.com> wrote:
> have you tried this one
> https://forum.lede-project.org/t/new-qca988x-firmware-with-mesh-support/1587

From my testing it does not work.

@ 2017-02-22 13:55                       ` voncken
From: voncken @ 2017-02-22 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Valo, Kalle'
  Cc: 'OpenWrt Development List', 'linux-wireless', ath10k

	Thanks for your answer,

	How I can know when this issue will be fixed in ath10k firmware
mainline?
	Do you know if Qualcomm publish a release note for this firmware?

From: voncken @ 2017-02-22 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Valo, Kalle'
  Cc: 'OpenWrt Development List', 'linux-wireless', ath10k