From: "Serge A. Suchkov" <ss@e1.bmstu.ru>
To: "lkml" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [Oops report]: 2.6.0-test1-ac1 oops in umount mass-storage device
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:53:00 +0400	[thread overview]

> Hi,
>
> Today I have oops in 2.6.0-test1-ac1, described below.
> I have USB plugged CF card Reader/Writer with CF card inside.
> I'm mount this device as SCSI /dev/sda1 device
>
> Next actions I'm comment by my dmesg output ...
>
> 1) Eject CF card from CF Reader without umount, and insert CF in digital

I'm  sorry. Oops was take place not after _eject_ CF, but after _disconnect_
USB CF reader/writer...

I wrote small script, which demonstrate described problem...

------- test-usb-storage.sh -----------
#!/bin/bash
SCSI_DEVICE=/dev/sda1
MOUNT_POINT=/mnt
IS_USB_STORAGE_DEVICE_UP=`cat /proc/bus/usb/devices | grep Driver=usb-storage`
IS_MOUNT=`mount | grep $MOUNT_POINT`

if [ "$IS_MOUNT" != "" ]
then
 echo "$MOUNT_POINT mark as already mounted ..."
 echo  $IS_MOUNT
 exit
fi

if [ "$IS_USB_STORAGE_DEVICE_UP" = "" ]
then
 echo "USB storage device not found ..."
 exit
fi

mount $SCSI_DEVICE -t auto $MOUNT_POINT -o user

if [ $? != 0 ]
then
 echo "Can't mount $SCSI_DEVICE";
 exit
fi

echo Disconnect USB storage device now...
while [ "$IS_USB_STORAGE_DEVICE_UP" != "" ]
do
sleep 1
IS_USB_STORAGE_DEVICE_UP=`cat /proc/bus/usb/devices | grep Driver=usb-storage`
done

umount $MOUNT_POINT
echo $?k !
------- test-usb-storage.sh -----------