From: Paulraj, Sandeep <s-paulraj@ti.com>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] Quick sanity test after my NAND patches
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:28:38 -0600	[thread overview]

Scott, Jerry,

> Scott Wood wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 02:47:01PM -0600, Paulraj, Sandeep wrote:
> >> As most of you know I submitted a lot of patches for the MTD NAND
> driver
> >> to sync up with what's in the kernel.
> >
> > They appear to correlate with specific Linux commits -- could you
> preserve
> > the authorship and signoffs?  Especially when a copyrightably-sized
> chunk of
Absolutely. Its not my work at all. As I said just trying to sync up with the kernel as somebody has to do it. So always willing to do it the correct way.

> > code is being added.
> >
> > -Scott
>
> I don't know if the technique will work for you (Sandeep), but for the
> libfdt synchronization, I literally extracted the patches from the
> master DTC repository (git format-patch) and applied them (git am).
This might not work as git-am will complain about not being able to apply clean.

> For the most part, David Gibson and Jon Loeliger made separate patches
> for libfdt vs. the other stuff, so that was very helpful.  Once or twice
> I hand edited the patch to remove patches to non-libfdt files.  I also
> have to change the include/fdtlib.h file path since the DTC puts the
> header file in a different directory.  Hand editing the patches is an
> ugly solution, but the result is very nice since it preserves the
> changes, signoffs, and comments verbatim.

Is it ok if I send the patches again with the appropriate authors and signoffs.

> HTH,
> gvb

Scott,

Is it possible for you to let me know which patches you are OK with, so that I know what to resend?

Thanks,
Sandeep