That makes perfect sense. Thank you very much for your help! Wayne On 03/09/2018 05:35 PM, Andre McCurdy wrote: > On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 6:18 AM, Wayne Witzke > wrote: > > Thank you for the reply! > > When I wasn't adding lighttpd-module-fastcgi, it definitely was > not including it in the build. > > > The lighttpd-module-fastcgi package is created (unconditionally) when > the lighttpd recipe is built (you can verify by checking the > installable packages under tmp/deploy/ after building lighttpd). > > However, since nothing in the default images has a runtime dependency > on lighttpd-module-fastcgi, that package will only be included in the > rootfs if you manually add it (e.g. by adding to > CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL, as you have done). > > ie you need to make the distinction between "is this package being > built" and "is this package being included in the rootfs when the > image is built". > > I have the lighttpd.conf file set up use mod_fastcgi, and without > lighttpd-module-fastcgi in my local.conf file, lighttpd would fail > to start on the embedded build, complaining that it could not find > the fastcgi module. In fact, the same thing happens with php-cgi. > I can't find anyplace in any of the layers that I'm using that > actually references php-cgi as a package or option, but unless I > add it to local.conf using EXTRA_CORE_IMAGES_INSTALL, it doesn't > get included in the build. > > > It's a similar story with the php-cgi package. It's created > (unconditionally) when the php recipe is built, but will not be > installed in the rootfs unless you add it to your image. > > The reason you don't find a direct reference to the string "php-cgi" > anywhere is because the php recipe defines it's list of packages in > terms of the "${PN}" variable. So the php recipe contains references > to "${PN}-cgi" but rather than "php-cgi". > > -- ASG Logo Wayne Witzke Staff Engineer Applied Sciences Group, Inc. 4455 Genesee St., Suite 103 Buffalo, NY 14225 716-626-5100 x306 www.asgrp.com *Connect with ASG* LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | YouTube Our Mission: To Integrate Software Solutions With the People Who Use Them.