On Fri, 19 Feb 2021, Akihiko Odaki wrote: > 2021年2月17日(水) 22:09 Gerd Hoffmann : >> >> On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 09:05:40AM +0900, Akihiko Odaki wrote: >>> The detections of full screen APIs were wrong. A detection is coded as: >>> [NSView respondsToSelector:@selector(exitFullScreenModeWithOptions:)] >>> but it should be: >>> [NSView instancesRespondToSelector:@selector(exitFullScreenModeWithOptions:)] >>> >>> The uses of full screen APIs were also incorrect, and if you fix the >>> detections, the full screen view stretches the video, changing the >>> aspect ratio, even if zooming is disabled. >>> >>> Remove the code as it does nothing good. >> >> So, it's broken right now (and probably for quite a while without anyone >> complaining). And the attempt to fix it didn't work out very well. >> Correct? > > Because the detections of APIs are wrong, the code using those APIs > were never executed and nobody realized it was broken. Full screen on MacOS X worked when I've last tried but that was 2 years ago. > I did not seriously attempt to fix it because the APIs are no longer > the best ways to implement fullscreen. ([NSWindow -toggleFullScreen:] > is more favorable today.) There is not much to reuse even if > implementing fullscreen with [NSView -enterFullScreenModeWithOptions:] > since the code is so small. I think there are people using QEMU to run old MacOS versions on MacOS X/macOS and may not follow this mailing list but I'm sure they'll complain once you break it. Regards, BALATON Zoltan >> Just dropping the code makes sense to me then. >> >> Any objections or better suggestions from the macos camp? >> If not I'll go queue it for the next UI pull request in a day or two. >> >> thanks, >> Gerd >> > > Thank you for responding to my patches. > > Akihiko Odaki > >